The Humane Hoax – Don’t Buy The Lie
Ever wondered what the labels mean that you see on packaging that say cage-free, free-range, organic and humane? Watch this 5-minute video to learn the truth behind these labels. You’ll be surprised what you find out!
What does the label cage-free mean?
- Baby chicks are born on cold metal shelves in industrial hatcheries, crowded together, then roughly thrown onto conveyer belts, vaccinated, and quickly packaged for shipping to their final destination
- Baby chicks born in industrial hatcheries are denied their mothers—they never experience the warmth, comfort and nurturing their mothers provide
- All male chicks are brutally slaughtered fully conscious at one day old—they are thrown into maceration grinders, or crushed, or thrown into trash bags to suffocate, alive and die a slow, painful death
- Chickens are raised in such overcrowded conditions that many die from overcrowding, being trampled, crushed or are sick and diseased and never given medical treatment, pain relief or veterinary care
- Cage-free chickens live their entire lives in their own waste (both urine and feces). They breathe ammonia fumes 24/7 from urine that is so powerful their respiratory systems become badly burned and they suffer painfully everyday and have difficulty breathing
- Cage-free chickens are painfully debeaked, their beaks are cut off when they are chicks, and it causes them life-long pain and suffering
- Cage-free chickens live in dark warehouses, with no daylight or sunlight or fresh air
- Young chickens are often handled very roughly and inhumanely before transport and during slaughter
- Slaughter is painful and slow – it can take minutes before chickens actually die, and they suffer through the entire death. They are still alive and conscious and breathing when thrown into a scalding hot water bath to remove their feathers. Their death is never quick or painless.
Don’t buy the lie! There’s no such thing as humane meat or eggs!
What You Can Do:
- Go animal-free! Transition to a plant-based, whole foods vegan diet. Drop the meat, eggs and dairy!
- Share this video with friends and family, help others to learn the truth.
- Meat, dairy and eggs are bad for the environment, your health, and horrible for the animals – make the change to vegan, do it today!
More Information About the Video
Visit: United Poultry Concerns for more about chickens
Filmed and Edited by: Kamal S. Prasad
Written and Narrated by: Hope Bohanec
Photo by Pixabay, www.pixabay.com