Want to Know What’s Really in Your Milk Carton?
- Antibiotics – fed to dairy cows daily in their feed
- Bovine Growth Hormone (rBGH/rBST) is given to cows to increase milk production, well beyond what is normal and natural for them. rBGH is proven to cause cancer in cows and humans.
- Cows spend their entire lives in a constant cycle of impregnation, birth, and milking with no rest between pregnancies
- Newborn calves are taken from their mothers at birth causing deep torment to the mother cow who forcibly has her baby calf taken away from her. She can bellow and cry for days and weeks, grieving and looking for her calf
- Male calves become veal calves living lives of constant suffering
- Cows spend their lives indoors, typically on hard, abrasive concrete floors, frequently connected to a milking apparatus
- Milking machines cause damage to their udders contributing to high levels of mastitis, a very common and very painful swelling of glands of the udder
- Cows are “tail docked” where dairy producers cut off cows’ tails, done either by placing a tight rubber ring around the tail until it falls off or by cutting it off with a sharp instrument. Each method causes chronic ongoing pain. Cows naturally use their tail to swish away flies and can suffer immensely during fly season
- Often dairy cows collapse because the diet of grain, drugs and growth hormones they have been fed, cause them to become too large for their legs to carry their weight, and they are too sick or injured to walk or even stand up. This is known as “downer cows” by the industry, where they are routinely prodded, dragged, and pushed by tractor into the slaughter facility.
Plant-based milks cause zero pain, zero suffering, no torment and no cruelty. Plant-based milks are all natural made from nuts, seeds, grains and plants from the ground and are not only humane, they are healthier for you!
Which do you feel better buying? Ditch the dairy!
Credit: Factory Farming Awareness Coalition (FFAC)